I have decided to introduce a ‘Work in Progress’ to my Body of Work blog so that I can show what I’m working on more incrementally instead of just assignments and other major work/research.
One of the suggestions my tutor made to me looking forwards to Assignment 3 was to shoot and experiment more now I had established a base that seemed to be working.
I have taken this advice on board and photographed two more composites in two new locations where I perceive the layering of the old and new of Deptford to be evident.
As you can see by the captions, these composites are a work in progress as I haven’t named them in the same style as the other composites (I didn’t acquire the latitude and longitude coordinates at the time of shooting so will have to go back and record them).
I quite like both these composites I’ve produced as there is lots to capture the viewer’s attention and some details which are not so obvious. There is the important layering of the old and the new Deptford evident although it is more subtle in the first of these images. As discussed with my tutor this layering doesn’t have to be glaringly obvious – it can be more subtle and build up a stronger impression through the body of work as a whole.
Also I feel the balance of the people evident in the composites is good – I had to work on that for the first composite – an early draft of that composite which I didn’t feel was as balanced can be seen below for comparison: